“The woman was driving with her window down, when a man on a motorcycle splashed her,” he told reporters after a shooting competition between city police and the media at the Police Training Academy (Pulapol) here.
Update : 28 March, 2012 , Woman and girl in Rawang are latest acid victims. A woman and a girl become the latest victims of an acid attack while waiting for a bus at the 16th mile, Rawang yesterday evening.
Update : 27 February , 2012 KAJANG: A woman suffered severe burns on her face and body after she was splashed with corrosive liquid in what could be the possible return of the serial splasher.
Update: 24 May, 2011 The splasher has splashed another woman again at Sunway. This time the guy knocked one a woman’s car window. The woman unwind her window and got splashed.
Update: The bastard is riding a motorcycle with plate HONDA EX-5. No WPV 4963
Today another victim has been splashed by an insane guy on a motorcycle. This victim was splashed at Wangsa Maju. These few months this insane guy has been riding motorcycle splashing female even babies with acid. There has been more than 21 victims so far. Hopefully police will get this sick bastard for good and jail him for life.
Here is a warning email from the internet
Last week another 5 innocent victims have been hurt by the acid thrown at them. So far 20 victims have been injured. All are women and girls except a male school teacher in 8 different incidents over the past 2 months!All of us should work together to track down this animal before more innocent people are being harmed!
1. March 2 – Eight Year 4 and Year 6 pupils and a teacher of SK Bukit Bandaraya in Jalan Bangkung, Bangsar were splashed with a liquid by a motorcyclist clad in black.
2. March 24 – Two marketing executives were splashed with acid as they were walking along Jalan Tun Sambanthan at 5.30pm.
3. March 25 – A 25-year-old history teacher, on the way to school, was attacked near the back gate of a school in Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad at 7am.
4. March 26 – A Frenchman and his female companion became the 13th and 14th victims of a corrosive liquid-splashing attack by a motorcycle duo in Jalan Conlay about 3pm.
5. April 2 – In Jalan Mantin, Negri Sembilan, a 27-year-old woman and her 18-year-old niece were attacked by two men on a motorcycle 9pm.
6. May 6 – Two women were splashed with acid when a motorcyclist attacked them from behind in Jalan Pudu Lama at 9pm.
7. May 6 – Thirty minutes later, a lawyer in her 30s, was attacked near a parking lot in front of The Mall shopping centre in Jalan Putra.
8. May 7 – A woman and her one-year-old baby were standing in her house compound in Persiaran Titiwangsa when the splasher rode by and threw the liquid at them at 3pm.
9. August 8 – A man was splashed with Acid at public toilet near Jalan Raja Laut
10. August 15 – August 15 : Singer’s nephew splashed with acid. Only this time, the victim was not a woman.
What you can do to protect yourself.
This serial acid splasher is of dark complexion and he rides either a Honda EX5 or Yamaha bike with a basket in front.
Be more careful when you see these 2 types of bike approaching you.
If you are a woman, a girl….or well just about anyone who is staying in KL-you might want to follow the following guidelines here:
Always walk facing against the traffic: So that the serial acid splasher will not attack you from the back. Besides that by walking against the traffic you will have a better chance of avoiding anyone who looks suspicious to you.
Avoid walking by the side of the road: If possible don’t walk at the side of the road at all if it is unnecessary. You will be exposed and make yourself easy target for this serial acid splasher. Walk near the building where there are crowded people.
Always bring along an umbrella: This might sound crazy…but I suggest that you bring along a huge umbrella with you. So whenever you see someone suspicious approaching you, immediately open that umbrella to shield yourself from any possible attack. Yes! Just open it even though it is not raining. Best of all use the umbrella all the time. Moreover your umbrella can be a potent weapon for you to defend yourself in dangerous situations.
Inform the police of any suspicious motorcyclist. So the moment you see anyone riding a bike with dark complexion and looks suspicious…immediately take down the number plate and inform the police to come over as soon as possible.
Put on more clothes: I know the weather is scorching hot right now. But putting on an extra jacket or vest might buy you some time to escape the devastating acid if *touch wood* you are being splashed!
Don’t go out at all: No matter where you go, try not to walk…at all. If possible don’t even go out if you don’t have any transport, preferably car. It doesn’t matter if the sundry shop is only 50 metres away from your home…you don’t want to risk being splashed with acid right? So ask your parents, husband or other family members to ferry you around if you can.
Use as much water as possible: Water is the best remedy to counter the corrosive acid. The moment someone is being splashed with acid (either it is you or other victims), pour as much water as possible onto the affected body parts especially the eyes. Keep on pouring a large amount of water to dilute the acid. Keep on doing this until the acid has been diluted and washed away. So I suggest all of us to bring a water bottle all the time.
Adapted from a forwarded email.Pls pass to as many people